Dear John
cc: Teddington Lions Club Committee Members
Just a quick 'Thank You' for inviting my dance band 'VELVET TOUCH' trio to provide live music at your fund raising event held at Teddington Green/Udney Hall Gardens on Sunday 17th June 2012.
We certainly enjoyed entertaining and as luck would have it, what a wonderful afternoon/evening it was with the sun shining all through the day. The good Lord looked after everyone taking note of the unpredictable weather experienced all week.
Being my first time at the event, before guests could arrive, I managed to quickly take some photographs attached below of most of the colourful stalls well presented and above all, I could not fail to notice the variety of stalls covering entertainment, education, health and many other exciting issues to include books and fun toys with a good selection of food and drinks freely available etc.
If I may say, I was impressed seeing St. John's Ambulance services in attendance where you have made health and safety a priority. Also pleased to see The Royal British Legion stall where I spoke to the gentleman advising him I am a member of the Royal British Legion Worcester Park Branch where I also provide entertainment besides other B.L. clubs. (British Legion Celebration blog)
P.S. As I was not fully aware of this great yearly event, I do not have details which I would like to add to this blogspot and as such if you do send me an email with a brief outline, I would add if you are sharing the photographs with some of your members.
The kind soft spoken gentleman who did all the announcements and a brief speech at the end, I understand was the Chairman or Director of Teddington Lions Club. Appreciate if you could kindly give me his full name.
Best regards
Benny de Souza
Velvet Touch
No comments:
Post a Comment